TBM's Guide To: The Guardian
This is my Guardian, Batcher:
1) Class TraitsIf you are going to be endgame tanking, you want to mix blue and yellow with 5 points into red's skills damage + rating. I am missing 2 trait points, this will go into completing 3/3 Follow Through and then 1 extra point into anything.
Why do you spec into blue instead of red for soloing?
In Mordor...things are hard. very hard. I found that using a 2h weapon and going full red made things take way too long to kill and as such I died more quickly. By investing some points into blue but still managing to unlock the majority of redline's abilities and instead using a sword and shield, you become a sturdy soloer and can take on most of what Mordor has to pit against you.
2) VirtuesYour virtues will depend on the gear/essences you have. Ideally, however, you want your virtues to fill out your tactical mitigation as your gear will naturally cap physical mit and you want to slot vit/finesse/crit defense over anything else.
I use Fidelity, Loyalty, Mercy, Honour, and Tolerance.
3) Legendary ItemsAs soon as you are level 100, you want to get a first-age legendary weapon and belt. If you cannot afford it, a second age is relatively cheap and easy to come by.
- Turn the Tables CD,
- Guardian Bleed Damage,
- Bash Damage,
- AoE Damage,
- Shield-swipe Crit,
- Bleed Crit,
- Stamp CD
- Last Alliance Setting of Resistance
- Last Alliance Gem of Vitality
- Last Alliance Rune of Force
- Shield Damage
- Light Damage
- Guardian's Pledge Magnitude / Shield Swipe Damage
- Adaptability Block and Parry
- Force Taunt Duration / Shield Blow Damage
- Catch a Breath CD
- Guardian's Ward Damage
4) How to gear fresh at 115The following items can be acquired by simply leveling through Mordor and completing your first allegiance quests. so make sure you don't replace them:
For shields, you want to do the Fushaum Bal repeatable quest "A Small Act of Kindness" (which MUST be done while you have the quest Fushaum Resolution)
For a bow, there is no good quest option, so search the AH for 115 bows/crossbows any with might/defense stats is good.
The rest of your gear can come from 3 sources:
- Ashes of Gorgoroth
- Tokens of Service
Also, buy/craft and use these. super important!